The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for verifying proper payment approval, processing payments in a timely manner, ensuring that discounts are taken, and assisting with the preparation of confidential financial work.
- Ranging from $18.00 to $20.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Match supplier invoices to authorizing PO’s and proofs of receipt, verify quantities and match prices, identify variances to be reconciled with purchasing, and enter data into ERP system
- Review invoices for proper sales tax application and ensure accuracy of tax processing
- Verify expense reports and ensure that all required documentation is attached
- Process check requests, ensuring all appropriate approvals have been received
- Process procurement card payments, verify all have the necessary documentation.
- Take all economical supplier discounts, incorporate all applicable supplier credits into payments made
- Issue notices to suppliers regarding rejected invoice line items and reminders regarding uncashed checks
- Research supplier requests for payment; answer all vendor inquiries
- Maintain all reports, spreadsheets, and corporate files in a confidential manner
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required
- Assist in monthly closings and work with others to complete general administrative assignments
- Communicate with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner
Complete other assignments, as requested by management
- High school or equivalent plus a minimum of 2 years’ general accounting experience
- Possess basic understanding of bookkeeping, accounting and accounts payable principles
- Detail-oriented and highly-organized
- Proficient using computer-based accounting systems and with MS Office, primarily MS Excel
- Strong adherence to confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to resolve issues and follow through
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential
- ERP/MRP knowledge
- Experience in a manufacturing environment (wood, metal, plastic-based materials)
- 401(k) & matching
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off & holidays
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.