The controller’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, working with corporate accountants on all tax returns, assisting with audit preparations, reviewing 401k plan and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
- Up to $120,000.00 per year based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Balance general ledger accounts and prepare monthly financial statements
- Reconcile bank accounts daily, verify deposits, initiate wire transfers and ACH transactions
- Maintain cash disbursement accounts, payroll and other accounts payable records as required
- Ensure all vendor invoices are charged to appropriate accounts
- Balance and post accounts receivable cash receipts on daily basis
- Review and update all fixed asset schedules
- Assure corporate income and sales tax compliance through monthly reconciliations and timely completion of all returns
- Work directly with corporate accountants and prepare documents for annual audit
- Manage banking relationships and provide information as requested
- Oversee 401k plan with approval by Owners
- Balance corporate credit card statement and review expense reports to ensure internal compliance
- Assist in the design and preparation of annual budgets
- Understand all payroll processes and procedures. Perform as backup when needed.
- Prepare monthly union reports and submit payments accordingly
- Maintain knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures
- Provide continuous improvement ideas in the area of accounting standards and practices
- Perform other accounting functions as needed
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- 3+ years of general accounting experience
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft Office, primarily Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to resolve issues and follow through
- ERP/MRP knowledge a plus
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.