The Driver/Warehouse Associate performs local deliveries as well as general utility functions in a warehouse setting in support of the production of high-quality fixtures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drive the company box truck and perform local deliveries as well as pick up materials/products from vendors.
- Observe and report any mechanical issues or concerns.
- Manage routes in the most efficient way possible.
- Perform transactions in the ERP system to accurately track product transfers.
- Gather materials, such as lumber, hardware, and packaging.
- Load, unload, and stage materials for production.
- Use hand tools to hand sand material, assemble shipping crates, trim pieces, or materials.
- General maintenance of warehouse facility.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- GED, High school diploma preferred. Some technical college helpful.
- Class A driver’s license in good standing.
- 2+ years of commercial driving experience preferred.
- No serious tickets or accidents in the last 5 years.
- No DWI / DUI in the last 10 years.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Drug-free at all times.
- Must sign and comply with company Distracted Driver Policy.
Reports to: Shipping Manager
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden Company offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer