Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, the Engineering Assistant has responsibility for expediting all the necessary paperwork related to the production of work orders, as well as assisting with other Engineering tasks as needed.
- Ranging from $16.00 to $19.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Receive, review and print Engineering paperwork, ensure consistency, and gain clarification as needed
- Accurately optimize and process Work Orders/ Labels in the ERP system from the Engineering paperwork provided
- Input detailed documentation in ERP
- Create complete and accurate WO packets for the shop floor.
- Review material availability and notify Project Managers of any shortages or other potential material issues
- Pass completed Work Orders along to the Scheduler to get scheduled into production
- Create new Routers using either the Estimate, Sell Price, or Current Labor standards
- Update existing Router, with proper approval, based on Engineering changes, labor standards, or actual job history
- Assist in other areas as assigned
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. No certifications required.
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office especially Excel, EPR knowledge a plus, CNC programming experience also a plus
- Desire for continuous learning, problem-solving skills, data entry skills necessary, strong attention to detail
- Willingness to work overtime when required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.