Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; payroll, benefits administration, recruitment, and employee relations. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal employment laws.
- Ranging from $25.00 to $30.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Post jobs on recruiting sites (Indeed, ZipRecruiter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Work directly with corporate recruiting agencies on office and senior level positions for Twinsburg and Strasburg locations.
- Engage multiple temporary employment agencies for shop / warehouse positions.
- Review applications to match experience with specific job-related requirements. Forward qualified candidates to hiring manager for direction.
- Interview, screen, and recruit job applicants to fill entry level, professional, and union job openings.
- Prepare offer letters and supporting documentation.
- Work with local trade schools and high schools for recruiting and internship purposes.
- Oversee training programs through ODJFS, Ohio Means Jobs, Stark & Tuscarawas County.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state employment regulations.
- Review and maintain Corporate Employee Points System.
- Compile and record employee time and payroll data.
- Compute employees’ time worked, production, and commissions.
- Compute and post wages and deductions to prepare paychecks.
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, and insurance, and 401(k) deductions.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Process weekly transfer of payroll data to ADP.
- Compile internal management reports from payroll system software.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual (year-end) reports for management (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Manage and coordinate all employee incentive programs.
- Manage employee relations counseling and exit interviewing. Respond to employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civil rights complaints.
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars.
- Maintain corporate organization charts and employee directory.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Prepare and maintain employee files, assuring accuracy, compliance and confidentially. i.e. unemployment claims, verifications, I9 status and State regulations.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records (ADP & Global Shop) and compile reports from database.
- Plan and coordinate all corporate events (holiday luncheons, summer outings, Toys for Tots, etc.).
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned, including data compilation and reporting for EEOC, and BWC Programs.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years of Human Resources experience, Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Must facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced office environment.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills as well as ability to resolve issues and follow through.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- General understanding of ERP system functionality and objectives.
- Excellent organization and communication skills; Team player with collaboration mind-set.
- Close attention to detail.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.