Our IT and Programming Specialist position is responsible for maintaining and monitoring end-user workstations and productivity on local area networks. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ranging from $20.00 to $30.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and procure the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Install hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboard, and printers.
- Assist in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet user requirements.
- Provide user support via telephone, email, or in-person.
- Coordinate activities with network services and information system groups.
- Provide regular status updates and target completion dates to management.
- Refer major hardware issues to service personnel for correction.
- Administer end-user workstations and support end-user activities utilizing TCP/MP primarily on an MS Windows Local Area Network (LAN).
- Investigate user problems and identify sources and possible solutions; test and implement appropriate fixes.
- Install, configure, and maintain PCs, desktops, printers, operating systems, networks, software, hardware, storage devices, file servers, and other relation equipment.
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades.
- Maintain software licenses.
- Work with 3rd party IT support team to maintain firewalls, configure VPN, and manage host security, file permissions, file system integrity, and user additions and deletions.
- Troubleshoot network, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Develop and conduct training sessions for users on core applications and operating system to maximize user efficiency.
- Maintain confidentially with respect to the information being processed, stores, and accessed on the various networks.
- Ensure network and server backup and recovery procedures are performed on a regular basis.
- Assure all capital expenditures and services are properly budgeted, scheduled, and tracked on an annual basis along with the proper justification and written approval by senior management.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience in IT support or related field and/or demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the above-mentioned duties and responsibilities.
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and analytical skills and abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ERP system functionality.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Team player with collaboration mind-set.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Optional Part-Time
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.