The junior accountant is a multi-functional role with a focus on collecting, studying and preparing data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, labor and inventory.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Perform general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Implement and maintain cost standards for materials.
- Prepare cost of goods sold and other production reports for month end close.
- Reconcile raw material, work-in-progress and finished goods stock.
- Oversee cycle count program and physical inventory counts.
- Analyze actual manufacturing costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Review excess inventory stock and work with project management to minimize.
- Work with multiple departments in the shop and office to improve processes and procedures impacting product and manufacturing costs.
- Provide outside auditors with assistance; gather necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Must be willing to schedule and run meetings to discuss inventory or cost related issues.
- Support accounts payable by matching purchasing and receiving paperwork and reconciling vendor invoices.
- Assist accounts receivable with verification of customer invoice payments and reconciliation of open balances.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- Associate Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- One to three years of accounting experience.
- General knowledge of financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Proficient with accounting or ERP software.
- Excellent researching, problem-solving and organizational skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel and Word) a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.