Working in support of the Sr. Buyer, the Jr. Buyer will negotiate with vendors for the purchase of materials, goods and supplies used by three (3) production facilities of Leiden cabinet. Negotiating the best possible price, quality and service guarantees that support company cost savings objectives is a key mission of the Jr. Buyer position.
- Up to $25.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Create and support positive relationships with current vendors while developing new vendor opportunities and sources.
- Assist Sr. Buyer to establish minimum and maximum inventory levels and reorder quantities while helping maintain quality of products; Identify defective or unacceptable materials then work with vendors and others to trouble-shoot and resolve issues.
- Obtain material quotes; Evaluate and make recommendations to determine most economical suppliers.
- Purchase materials submitted on requisitions, then ensure price accuracy and compliance of deliver-by due dates.
- Process purchase orders, receivers and other required documentation.
- Oversee cost comparisons and reductions; Invoice approvals and reconciliations.
- Run open purchase order report and verify due-dates with vendors.
- Assist Sr. Buyer in development of procedures to improve accuracy of quantities received and quantities maintained in inventory.
- Interact with office and shop personnel to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends relating to material price fluctuations.
- Assist and support Sr. Buyer as needed.
- Complete other assignments as requested.
- Individual Contributor
- Reports to (position): Sr. Buyer
Formal Education/Certification Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in business related area; Minimum two (2) years of experience in manufacturing environment and/or demonstrated knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above-mentioned responsibilities.
- Independent decision-making.
- Understanding of materials and products being purchased.
- Strong ability to negotiate and manage business relationships.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- General understanding of ERP system functionality and objectives.
- Excellent organization and communication skills; Team player with collaboration mind-set.
- Close attention to detail.
Minimal- visit vendors as necessary.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Optional Part-time
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.