The Junior Buyer, working in support of the Purchasing Manager, is responsible for negotiations with vendors for the purchase of materials, goods, and supplies used by three (3) production facilities. A key mission of the position is to negotiate the best possible price, quality, and service guarantees in support of company cost-savings objectives.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Assist and support the Purchasing Manager, as needed.
- Create and support positive relationships with current vendors while developing new vendor opportunities and sources.
- Assist Purchasing Manager to establish minimum and maximum inventory levels and reorder quantities while helping to maintain quality of product.
- Identify defective or unacceptable materials and work with the vendors and others to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Obtain material quotes, review and evaluate, and make recommendations to determine the most economical suppliers.
- Purchase materials submitted on requisitions and ensure price accuracy and compliance of deliver-by due dates.
- Process purchase orders, receivers, and other required documentation.
- Oversee cost comparisons and reductions, invoice approvals, and reconciliations.
- Run open purchase order report and verify due dates with vendors.
- Assist Purchasing Manager in the development of procedures to improve accuracy of quantities received and quantities maintained in inventory.
- Interact with office and shop personnel to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Stay abreast of industry trends relating to material price fluctuations.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or Associate Degree.
- Ability to research and gain an understanding of materials and products being purchased.
- Ability to negotiate and manage business relationships.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills along with an ability to learn and understand the functionality and objectives of an ERP system.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work as a member of a team or independently.
- Independent decision-making abilities.
- Willingness to learn.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.