The junior project manager supports the project management team by performing all organizational duties related to the successful execution of producing quality cabinets and store fixtures of assigned customers. The junior project manager will learn the intricacies of developing new products and accounts, defining a scope of work, understanding and relaying customer expectations, as well as building communication and organization skills. The junior project manager plays a vital role in the daily management of customer accounts.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Review set of plans, determine scope of work, do takeoffs, and write sales orders.
- Process stock work orders in the computer system.
- Prepare material purchase requisitions.
- Print pick lists and download/print drawings from various customer sites, as required.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or associate degree and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, math skills, and AutoCAD a plus.
- Effective communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong MS Office skills (Excel and Word) a plus.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment a plus, preferably in wood/metal store fixtures.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.