Design and engineer workable solutions for fabrication of store fixtures, casework and millwork while efficiently utilizing available materials, equipment, construction methods and labor resources.
- Ranging from $22.00 to $28.00 per hour based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Consult with Project Manager and Project Engineer on project design, materials and engineering requirements; recommend value engineered solutions
- Prepare drawings for all products and purchased items as needed
- Produce cutting bills and CNC programming as needed for all parts required
- Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing and bill of materials for ERP system
- Coordinate closely with the shop regarding manufacturing of product
- Update all drawings used in product development, construction and installation as changes occur
- Investigate Engineering Change Orders (ECO) from shop; resolve appropriate issues and update system thoroughly and completely
Formal Education/ Certification Competencies
Associate degree in Engineering Technology/Design or Related work experience
- Experience with AutoCAD at minimum 2 years
- Inventor/SolidWorks experience; Continuous learning; self-starter, inquisitive
- CNC Programming experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- ERP/MRP knowledge a plus
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.