The project engineer is responsible for complex design tasks utilizing Inventor software as well as creating product designs based on equipment capabilities, construction methods, labor resources, and experience with of a wide range of materials in the store fixture and display industry. The project engineer adds tremendous value by working directly with the customer and project management to develop cost savings opportunities by reviewing all aspects of a project and sharing value added-ideas as a team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepares and/or directs the preparation of product specifications with Production Engineers.
- Consult with Project Managers on project design, materials, and engineering requirements.
- Produce cutting bills and CNC programming for all parts required, as needed.
- Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing, and bill of materials for ERP.
- Coordinate closely with the shop regarding product manufacturing.
- Update all drawings used in product development, construction, and installation as changes occur.
- Advise shop of any revisions to the bill of materials.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma/associate degree and/or three to five years of project management experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. No certifications required, but preferred.
- Extensive experience with AutoCAD and Inventor required.
- CNC Programming experience required.
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and independent decision-making abilities.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office plus MRP/ERP experience.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.