The Project Engineer is responsible for complex design tasks utilizing software and creating product designs based on equipment capabilities, construction methods, labor resources and experiences with of a wide range of materials in the store fixture and display industry. This role adds tremendous value by working directly with the customer and the Project Management team to develop cost-savings opportunities and sharing value added-ideas as a team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Prepare and/or direct the preparation of product specifications with Production Engineers
• Consult with Project Managers on project design, materials, and engineering requirements
• Produce cutting bills and CNC programming for all parts required, as needed
• Prepare work orders, stock requisitions for purchasing, and bill of materials for ERP
• Coordinate closely with the shop regarding product manufacturing
• Update all drawings used in product development, construction, and installation as changes occur
• Advise shop of any revisions to the bill of materials
• Complete other assignments, as requested by management
• Associate Degree in Engineering Technology/Design
• 3-5 years of project management/training experience and or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years’ experience with Autodesk Inventor/SolidWorks
• 3+ years’ experience CNC programming
• Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills and independent decision-making abilities
• Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office plus MRP/ERP experience
• Experience in Store Fixture & Display industry; Manufacturing/Woodworking
• Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
• 401(k) with Company Match
• Generous Paid Time Off
• Short Term Disability & Long-Term Disability
• Life Insurance
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.