The project manager, working under the direction of a senior project manager, is responsible for the successful execution of assigned customer accounts — including participation in the conceptual development of a project, obtaining the scope of work for each project, reviewing drawings, defining customer expectations, coordinating project timelines between multiple internal and external departments, and problem-solving. The project manager has direct communication with customers and is an integral part of business development.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Obtain complete scope of work for each project that clearly defines the customer’s expectations and report details to the Senior Project Manager, Director, team members, and functional departments.
- Coordinate needs for quoting, design, purchasing, production, and cost control with the team members to insure timely and on-budget completion.
- Maintain daily written and oral communication/discussions with internal and external customers.
- Follow pricing policy and prepare estimates/quotes.
- Assist engineering in design of fixtures and coordinate all revisions, adjustments, and changes.
- Assist in the training and development of junior project management team members.
- Recognize, report, and recommend possible solutions to problems and challenges on a timely basis.
- Participate in value engineering opportunities with customer(s), engineering, and management that provide mutually beneficial cost saving opportunities.
- Participate in prototype development and review in-order to ensure products are engineered to client expectations in terms of quality, schedule, and budget.
- Responsible for accurate and timely processing of sales orders, pick list, and invoicing.
- Coordinate material requirements with Purchasing Department in-order to ensure on-time/on-budget procurement.
- Assist Senior Project Manager in the development of timelines and sales forecasts.
- Monitor production activities through both physical inspection and review of labor and costing report data (ERP) and aid in the development of corrective actions, where needed.
- Provide shipping instructions including verification of site off-load conditions, where applicable.
- Facilitate and assist in the completion of customer inventory reports and their review; monitor and manage customer inventory to reduce risk of obsolescence.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma/associate degree and/ or three to five years of project management experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience. No certifications required but preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints; AutoCAD knowledge a plus.
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and independent decision-making abilities.
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Office plus MRP/ERP experience.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.