The senior project manager has overall responsibility for the successful execution of assigned customer accounts. The senior project manager will be assigned large, complex accounts or several small accounts and will coordinate the output of additional project managers and junior project managers to meet customer and Leiden Company objectives successfully.
- Up to $95,000.00 per year based on experience.
Key Areas of Responsibility
The senior project manager:
- Obtains the complete scope of work for each project and defines the customer’s expectations to support the team.
- Provides leadership to the team, effectively planning schedules and work by defining customer’s objectives and anticipating customer needs and priorities.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with individuals on the internal Leiden and external customer teams.
- Reviews value engineering opportunities with customers for mutually beneficial cost savings.
- Participates in prototype development and review.
- Ensures products are engineered to customer specifications.
- Coordinates material requirements with the Purchasing Department to ensure on-time and on-budget procurement.
- Coordinates with the master scheduler to develop timelines and forecasts, monitors progress, and develops corrective actions where needed.
- Monitors production through a physical review of the product and through a review of labor and costing report data (ERP) and aids in development of corrective actions where needed.
- Participates in customers’ job cost meetings to drive cost savings, value engineering, and price increases.
- Provides shipping instructions, including verification of site off-load conditions where applicable.
- Facilitates the completion of customer inventory reports and their review.
- Monitors and manages customer inventory to reduce risk of obsolescence.
- Facilitates outsourcing of production and production services.
- Assists in training and development of junior team members.
- Provides technical backup to the Sales Department and to the Estimating Department as required.
- Provides monthly sales forecast for assigned customers with assistance from the Sales Department where applicable.
- Manages subcontractors and installation as required.
- Analyzes actual project costs and efficiencies and compares with estimates, resulting in ongoing data on budgeted costs and profitability.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
Candidates must have:
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in project management, five to eight years of related experience or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification in project management is desired.
- Three to five years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the store fixtures and display industry.
- An ability to read construction documents and blueprints as well as a basic understanding of woodworking techniques.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, MS Office, and ERP.
- Teamwork, collaboration, planning, and organizing skills.
- Leadership capability, vision, and integrity.
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.