The Shipping & Receiving Associate performs general shipping and receiving functions in a warehouse setting in support of the production of high-quality store fixtures.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Unload vehicles; accept deliveries; and unpack containers.
- Load, unload, and stage materials for production.
- Verify and inspect condition of items received and compare count/measure of items to purchase order and packing list, noting discrepancies.
- Document all items received by recording information in ERP.
- Prepare shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers and shipments.
- Verify shipped items and confirm identifying information, check the quantity & condition, and protect and load items.
- Document all items shipped.
- Use hand tools to sand materials, assemble shipping crates, and trim pieces or materials.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by Management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some technical college helpful.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
- Drug-free at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation and willing to work overtime, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.