The Shipping & Receiving Lead is responsible for the management and organization of the Shipping & Receiving Department including, but not limited to, the receipt of raw materials, proper loading/unloading of deliveries, proper issuance of materials to Work-In-Process (WIP), verification of cycle counts, and quality control.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Direct receiving associate(s) daily responsibilities, including unloading trucks, verifying paperwork, evaluating and labeling incoming products, and documenting quality issues.
- Communicate shortages, damage, or any other vendor issues to Purchasing in a timely manner.
- Assess impact of shortages, damage, and quality issues on the production schedule.
- Complete receiving forms and return to Purchasing.
- Organize stocking of products in logical and accessible locations.
- Work with Production on preparing materials for work-orders and proper allocation to jobs.
- Perform cycle counts on a recurring basis, investigate variances, and report results to Management.
- Process customer returns based on company policies and guidelines.
- Maintain adequate levels of receiving supplies.
- Assist in preparation of all physical inventories.
- Maintain constant communication with the Production Manager and the Purchasing Manager in order to meet expected deadlines.
- Provide reports and information to Management, as required.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment at all times.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by Management.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent. Some technical college helpful.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Shipping and/or Receiving Management role preferred.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Exceptional computer and math skills.
- ERP experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred.
- Drug-free at all times.
- Must have reliable transportation and willing to work overtime, as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.