The Transportation Coordinator will execute the day-to-day shipment of goods from a manufacturing facility to numerous domestic and international customer locations. The position is primarily operational and requires a strategic view of transportation services including but not limited to outbound shipments of materials, supplies, and finished goods; warehouse operations and inventory control; and management of customer relationships.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Schedule dedicated trucks to support the shipping of all finished goods on a schedule that meets customer timelines while achieving the safe transit of all materials.
- Manage all paperwork for shipments; Manage all shipping transactions out of company ERP system.
- Cross-functional involvement with plant operations management, project management, and all transportation vendors to ensure that finished goods are timely completed in order to meet customer ship dates.
- Evaluate all current processes, procedures, and partnerships to identify cost savings opportunities in the warehouse specifically and throughout the physical plant generally; Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
- Establish quality transportation services and negotiate pricing with the same in order to meet company expectations.
- On-going updates to the LTL ship schedule so that the organization has a dynamic view of LTL loads.
- Willing to work overtime and assist other departments as needed.
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- No special certifications required
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience with warehouse operations
- Ability to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Must be detail-oriented
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to resolve issues and follow-through
- ERP / MRP knowledge a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer.