We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Warehouse Lead to join our team in Deep Gap, NC. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leading and managing a team in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Supervise and lead a team of warehouse associates
- Ensure all warehouse activities are performed in a safe and time efficient manner
- Ensure accuracy of all warehouse inventory
- Monitor and manage warehouse productivity and efficiency
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure timely and accurate order fulfillment
- Implement and maintain warehouse policies and procedures
- Train and develop warehouse associates
- Unload vehicles; accept deliveries; and unpack containers.
- Load, unload, and stage materials for shipping
- Manage all paperwork for shipments; Manage all shipping and receiving transactions out of company ERP system.
- Prepare shipments by assembling, packing, protecting, and labeling containers and shipments.
- Verify shipped items and confirm identifying information, check the quantity & condition, and protect and load items.
- Schedule dedicated trucks to support the shipping of all finished goods on a schedule that meets customer timelines while achieving the safe transit of all materials.
- Schedule LTL loads along with FedEx shipments that do not meet the requirements of a dedicated shipment.
- Manage all paperwork for shipments; Manage all shipping transactions out of company ERP system.
- Complete other assignments, as requested by Management.
- Establish quality transportation services and negotiate pricing with the same in order to meet company expectations.
- Manage shipping supplies and communicate to management when additional items are required
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a warehouse lead or supervisory role
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience with warehouse management systems and inventory control
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience with safety regulations and compliance
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Forklift certification preferred
- Ability to consistently lift heavy packages (+/- 50 pounds)
- Drug-free at all times
- Microsoft Office Suite experience preferred
- Basic computer and math skills
- Must have reliable transportation and willing to work overtime, as needed
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Why Work at Leiden
Leiden Company offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.
Leiden is an Equal Opportunity Employer